Thursday, June 15, 2006

Never Know what you will find


Garage sales on Wednesday were not too fruitful--at least concerning purchases. What I did gain was a better understanding of my friend's previous marriage and how difficult life was for her. You learn a lot about a person driving from one garage sale to another.

This morning, my friend was still on my mind. I created this collage today as a reflection of her past, and unfortunately, many women's present. My quote for this piece is, "Marriages that evolve from loving unions to cages of isolation. Vows shattered into meaningless words"
Those who have healthy, loving marriages are so blessed. Divorce is too common and in some ways too easy. Abusive relationships should be abandoned. No one deserves to live like that. Preserving the sanctity of marriage can be one of the most fulfilling, enriching experiences of life. It is so sad so many go bad.
I promise, my next post will be much less gloomy!
Have a great day.

No comments: